How to use a fire extinguisher?
Many people have fire extinguishers in their home but have never needed the opportunity to use one. It is very simple to use and should be practiced with to feel comfortable. Use an older replaceable fire extinguisher to practice with to get a feel for its use. Here are the steps on how to use a fire extinguisher:
- Remove the pin - pull hard and fast and it will pop out easily.
- Aim at the base of the fire about 5-6 feet away.
- Pull the trigger for about 60 seconds
- Check to see for any missed flames
- Repeat until all flames are extinguished